Sunday, December 10, 2017

#blessed

12/10/12
No matter where you are in life, God has a plan. Sometimes he interrupts "your" plans to get your attention. His ways are not our ways. His plans are not our plans. I've been thinking about Mary, a young Jewish teenager of about 14 or so excitedly planning her wedding to Joseph. Until those plans got interrupted in a pretty big way. She's pregnant, and yet still a virgin! What must her shocked parents have thought, or her poor fiance?! God had a plan, and it was a better plan. He wanted to save the world. When God interrupts your life, your plans, sometimes you just have to hang on and trust Him. We now have a voice that wasn’t there prior to our suffering.

 #Blessed is in vogue on social media. I see it attached to a lot of things and events. Wedding #Blessed! New job #Blessed! Won the lottery #Blessed! Perfect family #Blessed! Living the dream #Blessed!

Do you ever see social media tags that say "Fire destroyed my home #Blessed!"  "My husband died too early and I'm alone #Blessed!" "My son is in prison #Blessed!" "I had a miscarriage #Blessed!" "I have breast cancer #Blessed!" "My daughter's an addict #Blessed!" "Our son was born with Downs Syndrome #Blessed!" ?

That's called life interrupted. Will you still trust God when bad things happen - "when the trials in your life are God's mercies in disguise?" This song really speaks to me- "Blessings" by Laura Story. Maybe it will speak to you too if your plans have been interrupted. This Christmas season, think about a 14 year old unwed mother whose plans and life were interrupted and she gave birth to the Savior of the world.  #trustinggod
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ

No comments: