Friday, June 10, 2011

The Bee and The Rose

If thou wert a delicate rose and I a humble bee
I’d light thrice and then again to touch thee
To drink in thy sweet fragrant nectar
To take flight again, but not so far
That I cannot, hovering, gaze upon my star

Yet missing thy velvet touch
Alight I once again
Thy fair hue, soft bouquet, my talisman
Then flickering across thy delicate bloom
To thy center, thy heart
Therewith to make my home.

If you were a delicate rose and I but a humble bee
I’d light upon your delicate petal just to touch thee
To sup from your sweet fragrant nectar
Then take flight once again, but not so far
That I cannot gaze upon my morning star

Yet I, missing your gentle velvet touch
Compelled to alight once again
Fair hue and soft bouquet, my talisman
Then flickering across your delicate bloom
To your center, into your heart
Therewith to make my home.

No comments: